Certification for new agencies and vendors
Agencies are required to undergo certification to access and benefit from the efficiencies of the new system. The Agency Certification Process ensures that the agency's equipment is:
- Properly installed, integrated and configured at the agency site
- Capable of electronically exchanging National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliant transactions.
- Manufactured by a certified vendor
Information is available to support agencies through the certification process. To receive a copy of any of the following documents, contact the Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS) Process Coordinator by email at RTID_ITR_Certification@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.
RTID Introduction for Agencies
- Provides an overview of RTID, the agency certification process and key technical concepts
National Police Services - National Institute of Standards and Technology Interface Control Document (NPS-NIST-ICD) Version 1.7.7
- Describes the standard, including the type and format of electronic fingerprint data, to be used by agencies to electronically interface with the NPS-NIST Server
RTID Security Policies and Guidelines for Non-Law Enforcement Agencies
- Describes security policies and guidelines, including authentication factors and site inspection details, for public sector agencies and accredited private fingerprint companies
RTID Technical Guidelines for Agencies
- Provides technical guidelines for integrating LiveScans, Records Management Systems (RMS) and other biometric systems with the NPS
- Includes an overview of the components and concepts that pertain to RTID connectivity models and network connectivity options
Vendors are required to certify their equipment and systems to ensure that they have appropriate image quality and are compliant with Real Time Identification (RTID) standards for fingerprints that are submitted electronically to the CCRTIS national repository of fingerprints and criminal record information. As a prerequisite to undergoing CCRTIS vendor certification, vendor devices must be certified for compliance with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS) Image Quality Specifications (IQS). Only vendor products that have been certified by CCRTIS may be used by authorized agencies to access and benefit from the efficiencies of RTID.
Information is available to support vendors through the certification process. To receive a copy of the following vendor certification documents, contact the Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS) Biometric Business Solutions at: BBS_Certification@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.
Introduction for Vendors
- Provides an overview of the RTID system and the vendor certification process, including testing prerequisites, requirements, and key technical concepts.
National Police Services - National Institute of Standards and Technology Interface Control Document (NPS-NIST-ICD) for External Contributors
- Describes the specifications (e.g. types and format of information) required for an authorized agency to capture and transmit electronic fingerprints and associated data in a format that is compliant with RTID standards. Vendors use the specifications to develop equipment and systems that may be certified by CCRTIS, and in turn used by authorized agencies for operational purposes.
Certification Test Cases
- Provides vendors with testing requirements for certification purposes. Includes instructions, definitions, pre-conditions, and test cases for the type(s) of electronic transactions that apply to the vendor certification testing.
National Police Services – National Institute of Standards and Technology (NPS-NIST) - Interface Control Document (ICD) Certified Vendors
Vendors may not be certified to all NPS-NIST ICD types of transactions and civil application types. For more information contact CCRTIS at email@example.com.
ClearNeed Information Systems Inc
1545 Carling Ave. - Suite 700
Manager - Cogent Canadian Operations
XL-ID Solutions (formerly Excellium)
ImageWare Systems Inc.
Reliability Screening Solutions Inc.
- Date modified: