Canadian Sunset Ceremonies
Join us for the RCMP's Canadian Sunset Ceremonies in Ottawa, Ontario, June 27 to 30, 2019.
What better way to celebrate being Canadian than by attending the RCMP's Canadian Sunset Ceremonies in the nation's capital? At this annual event, the RCMP thanks the community for their support and offers Canadians and visitors a chance to see the world famous RCMP Musical Ride at its home in Ottawa. The event features a performance by the Musical Ride, and as the sun sets, the silhouetted Mounties of the Musical Ride line up to take part in the flag lowering ceremony and the entire audience take part in the singing of our national anthem. This is a truly unique Canadian experience that can't be missed.
The evening's entertainment is highlighted by the world-famous Musical Ride but also features:
- RCMP Horse Jumping and Ottawa Search & Rescue Dogs Relay
- RCMP/Ottawa Police Service Pipes and Drums and Dancers
- RCMP Emergency Response Team (June 28-30 only)
- Blessing by an Algonquin Elder
- Capital Cowgirls
- Governor General's Foot Guards Band
*Note: performance line up is subject to change without notice.
What you need to know:
- Free admission and parking
- If the event must be canceled due to extreme weather, information will be posted here and on our National Division Facebook and Twitter accounts by 5 pm.
- This is an outdoor event. There is no seating, but you're welcome to bring a blanket or lawn chair to enjoy the show.
- Water will be available for purchase, but we encourage you to bring your own.
- There will be food vendors on site.
- Accessible parking will be available on a first come, first serve basis as space is limited.
- An accessible area has been designated to watch the show. Availability is limited. Please arrive early to get a spot. Please note this area is on grass and there is no seating.
- Dogs and pets are not permitted on the grounds during Canadian Sunset Ceremonies. Service animals will be permitted.
- Kids' Zone: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Pre-show: 6 p.m. to 6:50 p.m.
- Main Event: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Musical Ride Centre
RCMP Rockcliffe Stables
1 Sandridge Road
K1A 0R2 Canada
Free parking directly off the Sir George-Étienne-Cartier Parkway (former Rockcliffe Parkway).
Accessible by OC Transpo Route #7.
- Date modified: