The Advisory Committee members, their professional affiliations, as well as their field of expertise within the Advisory Committee are as follows:
- Richard A. Bergman (Chairperson)
- Deputy Commissioner, RCMP (retired)
- Police Community Representative
- Hon. Peter Cory , C.C., C.D., Q.C.
- Representing the Law, Chancellor Emeritus of York University
- Dr. Ron Fourney, Ph. D.
- Director, National Services and Research
- Dr. George R. Carmody, Ph. D. (Vice-chairperson)
- Population Biology Specialist
- Associate Professor of Biology, Carleton University, Ottawa, ON
- Gisèle Côté-Harper , O.C., Q.C.
- Human Rights Specialist
- Professor, Faculty of Law, Laval University, Sainte-Foy, Quebec
- Dr. William S. Davidson, Ph. D.
- Medical Genetics Specialist
- Professor of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C
- Chantal Bernier,
- Assistant Privacy Commissioner of Canada, Ottawa,
- Dr. Frederick R. Bieber,
- Bio-Medical Ethics Specialist
- Associate Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School
- Brigham and Womens Hospital, Department of Pathology, Boston, Mass.