- developed and implemented by the RCMP for the community of Hobbema, Alberta.
- a comprehensive crime reduction initiative educating Aboriginal youth on the dangers of gang activity, drug abuse and associated violence.
- recruits young Aboriginal people and advises them on positive choices and alternatives to overcome daily negative obstacles that prevent them from obtaining future education and career opportunities.
- in partnership with the youth, community and police, it provides culturally tailored guidance, knowledge, trust, respect, discipline, experience and strength to everyone involved.
- cadets become role models for their peers and the younger generation in their respective communities.
- school attendance has risen and crime significantly reduced in the community.
- the program's youth empowerment and crime reduction model has received national and international interest among Aboriginal, academic and policing communities.